Re: [OM] First night in Leic*-land. ;-)

Subject: Re: [OM] First night in Leic*-land. ;-)
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 14:54:04 +0800

"Richard F. Man" wrote:

> I never own a OM-1, but I don't think it's much quieter than my OM-4 and
> OM-4T? To me, they sound really loud :-)

Agreed.

> Where was the list I put on a month ago... Here it is:
> ****
> As much as I love the Zuikos, I bet the Leica will win on the following
> situations:
> - Low shutter speeds (1/30 or slower). This would show up even on 4x6
> prints, I bet

The OM's vibration is rather high, but the wonder brick performed very
well here, I don't think it will be poorer than the M. For the OM, the
OM2sp, OM101, OM707 and OM40 has the least vibration shutter-aperture
stop down mechanism (among the OMs) but the operation is a bit slow.

> - Low light wide open shots. The Leicas are optimized for the wide apertures

No, pop photo tested the 35/1.4, 50/1.4 and 75/1.4 they were poor wide
open even compared to other SLR 50 1.4 lenses.

C.H.Ling