Re: [OM] First night in Leic*-land. ;-)

Subject: Re: [OM] First night in Leic*-land. ;-)
From: "Bill Stanke" <bstanke@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 08:25:58 -0800
I always liked the approach where the instructor assigned identical Pentax
K-1000 and 50 mm f/2 to each student.  It takes the stream out of the
'better camera vs. better photographer" argument.

I wouldn't agree that there is anything wrong with the Leica reflex system.
I have a Leicaflex SL (imagine an OM-1 on steroids, with an OM-2s shutter
sound), the 35 mm f/2.8 and 90 mm f/2.8 Elmarit lenses.  Amazing quality.

Leicas aren't always expensive, either.  If you want the latest and
greatest, it will cost you a bundle.  The older lenses from the 50's, 60's
and 70's are still pretty reasonably priced.  You can also get your money
back out of the system, should you choose to sell.  I have less than $1,000
into the Leicaflex system, including extension tubes, close-up lenses, etc.

Bill Stanke