Re: [OM] First night in Leic*-land. ;-)

Subject: Re: [OM] First night in Leic*-land. ;-)
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 08:20:49 -0800
Of course. ;-)

On Monday, January 13, 2003, at 10:26  PM, Richard F. Man wrote:

I never own a OM-1, but I don't think it's much quieter than my OM-4 and OM-4T? To me, they sound really loud :-)

I remember getting my OM-1n at a time when my best friend was shooting photos with a Canon F1. The difference in volume between out shutters was amazing. We had a friend who was shooting with a Nikon F2 and his shutter wasn't even as quiet as the F1 to my ears. Back then the F2 and its variants were what I thought of when I thought of cameras. Big, clunky, loud contraptions. To me the OM was always quiet, small and elegant. I guess to Leic* guys my OM is big, clunky and loud. ;-)

-Rob

When I still had my Leica a friend bought an OM1. I was amazed because it was not much bigger than my M3 with clip on MR meter and was nearly as quiet. I remember thinking that was the camera Leica should have built as an slr, not that doorstop they brought out before they went shopping at the Minolta factory. My OM4T is not as quiet, but much quieter than the Canon F1n tank I had in the interim.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California