Re: [OM] T45?

Subject: Re: [OM] T45?
From: "Walt Wayman" <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 14:23:02 -0500
Big and heavy, yes, but lots of power.  Battery packs can be a
problem.  I've got two T45s and three NiCd packs.  One of them
holds a charge; the other two are dead.  (I plan to get them
rebuilt some day.)  My solution is to use a Quantum Turbo Z
battery pack.  In addition to more battery power, it moves weight
from the flash to the belt, and it gives super quick recycling
times.

The T45 is much more convenient to use with a winder or motor
drive than without, which means extra cords.  The flash head is
far enough from the lens that red eye is not a problem, so you
don't get that deer-in-the-headlights look often caused by red eye
reduction schemes.  The head tilts and swivels all sorts of ways.
I have actually used both of mine simultaneously for nighttime
wildlife photography, but that's a story for another day.

I also have one F280 and two T20s, but if I know I'm going to need
flash, I nearly always go with the T45.  Like there's no
substitute for cubic inches when it comes to cars, there's no
substitute for big guide numbers when it comes to flashes.

Walt