[OM] Re: Mysterious Olympus box appears

Subject: [OM] Re: Mysterious Olympus box appears
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 10:11:04 -0800
>From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
>
>12. Pre-flash.  Is it my imagination or does the camera do two
>flashes--first for exposure determination?

Yea, all of them do that these days. Some even flash three or more times.

>But that could explain why I couldn't
>get a slaved studio flash to expose the picture as expected.

There are fairly expensive slaves that allow you to set them to ignore the
first flash.

Besides, you probably wouldn't like the results. With only two aperture
settings, you'll have a devil of a time getting exposure correct with studio
lighting.

--
: Jan Steinman -- nature Transography(TM): <http://www.Bytesmiths.com>
: Buy My Step Van! <http://www.Bytesmiths.com/van>