RE: [OM] were you just baiting us?

Subject: RE: [OM] were you just baiting us?
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 12:38:20 -0800
How many of us let a particular teacher or instructor cloud our judgement.
I know I more than once inhibited what I believed or felt, choosing instead
to craft a paper or answer predicated on what I thought the instructor
wanted to hear or read.  I hope I've learned in the intervening years to be
more true to myself and my beliefs.

It is part of the learning process. Almost all writers start out my imitating the style of a writer they admire greatly. Breaking away is the trick.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California