[OM] contrast filters in b & w photography

Subject: [OM] contrast filters in b & w photography
From: "John Hudson" <13874@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 22:03:37 -0400
Will a yellow filter on the lens achieve the same visual end result with
black and white transparency film [in this case Agfa Scala] as it will with
black and white negative film, namely darkening a blue sky and providing a
greater degree of contrast with the white clouds than would otherwise be the
case if no filter was used?

Any tips and advice on using contrast filters with Agfa Scala will be
appreciated.

I have a couple of rolls of Scala and given the cost of the film and the
cost of processing I want to minimise the degree of experimentation with
contrast filters!

John Hudson

ps: can any Canadian list members tell me who processes Agfa Scala. I
believe the  lab is in Toronto but I do not have a name or address.