[OM] Back from Singapore

Subject: [OM] Back from Singapore
From: Albert <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 23:06:52 +0800
I just developed my film from Singapore; I used all Reala, and got amazing results..

First, the obvious; it's important to travel with someone that can take pictures as well, my penpal that I went to visit, 1000f all her pictures were VERY blurry.. It was disgusting blurry, to the point of burning the photo... So no pictures that have me in it was clear.

Second, a lot of my pictures WOULD HAVE BEEN PERFECT; but for environmental noise.. for example, perfect shot, got it composed, click.. only in development did I find out that the nose of a truck drop in front of my picture. Another picture, a pedestrian flipped a map in front of my camera as I pressed the shutter. My perfect shot of an Orchid, an ant in it upon close inspection.. Very frustrating.

Third, while I was away, my house got robbed... Luckly for me, my OM was on me at the time so they didn't steal that.. The bastard... If I catch him, you can expect pics of him, I won't go into detail about what I will do to him if I catch him, all I can say is: Male body part, blender, use your imagination...

Forth, was at a local photo store which is a hangout for most of us; and a guy who is in the Contax club and the Leica club, pulled out his prints, and passed them around. I showed mine; and he made a comment "Those are tack sharp, you use a Leica too huh?" Errr.. no, that would be an OM!! :-) My 50mmf1.8 was actually kicking most of the leica shot's butt.. so... the lesson is, an OM in a capable hand, is worth more then a leica in the wrong hands... btw, Reala ROCKS!!
Albert