Re: [OM] Tripods?

Subject: Re: [OM] Tripods?
From: Mark Marr-Lyon <markml@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 08:34:33 -0700
I like the 343 too, and have used it with the 300+1.4X-A combo with good results. I do try to not use all 4 leg segments at this focal length though, and you definitely have to use Olympus's recommended technique of holding the camera and lens just as you would without the tripod. Still, it's a great little tripod, and straps into the Mini Trekker without even flipping down the tripod holder extension flap.

Mark Marr-Lyon

Bill Barber wrote:
Velbon Maxi
343e with the intent of strapping it to my camera case and sliding it under an airplane seat. Don't expect it to hold an OM and a 400mm Tamron, however
for a relatively light travel kit, it should be just the ticket. Metal
construction, ball head, under 2 pounds , 18 1/2 inches folded and under
$100.  Bill Barber