Re: [OM] Maitani's one design flaw

Subject: Re: [OM] Maitani's one design flaw
From: Jim Couch <JamesBCouch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 15:53:29 -0800
I think the Oly makes more sense than Nikon. The general standard is that to install threaded items one turns them clockwise when facing the item, anti-clockwise to remove, just like the Olympus does. Most peoples 'life training' has taught them to install & remove things this way. It is your natural tendency and requires the least amount of thinking. In this case the Nikon could be said to be backward.

Jim Couch

Moose wrote:
Some interesting responses that make sense to me.
On the other hand, why have the bayonet mount work the opposite way from Nik*n? When I 've used both, that's been the thing that required the most attention.
Was Maitani left handed?
Was he perverse?
Was he thumbing his nose at the then leader?
Was he used to clockwise threaded screw mount lenses?

Moose