Re: [OM] Catching a thief

Subject: Re: [OM] Catching a thief
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 19:20:38 -0800
I believe Wayne is correct. However, as a technical matter, yes, there is a whole range of 'security' cameras and accessories, including motion activation, wireless connection, etc., sold by X10 <x10.com>.

Moose

Wayne Harridge wrote:

Albert <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I had my place broken into while I was in Singapore, and so I'm trying to catch
a thief..
To late to catch that one. He is unlikely to return (probably can't even remember where he has been).

Are there "motion triggers"?  I have setup a webcam that will record if someone
passes in front of it, but I was wondering if I can do
something like I see on the discovery channel for my camera... of course, he
might steal that as well...

Thoughts and suggestions??

Forget about collecting evidence, concentrate on making it as difficult as possible for the thief to enter/leave the premises (good locks on windows & doors), install an alarm system which makes plenty of noise (especially inside the premises), keep all valuables out of obvious sight. Most home burglaries are committed by opportunists not well equipped "career" criminals - just make it as difficult as possible for them to grab anything of value quickly.