Re: [OM] Maitani's one design flaw

Subject: Re: [OM] Maitani's one design flaw
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 22:24:31 -0800
on 1/16/03 9:36 AM, gries at gries@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Wouldn't it be nice if the aperture ring went the other way?  That is, that
> it would spin the same direction as the SS ring.
>
> I wonder why he did that.

Mine turns both ways... I guess you mean changing the numbers on it...? I
suppose you could tape over then and then write on them.

I find it really distracting when try to use a Nik*n or P*ntax and the focus
turns 'backwards', but I think it is just what you get used to. Might have
something to do with right-handedness v/s left-handedness... or maybe
languages that read left-to-right v/s right-to-left or vertically? Or I
suppose it could be a machine-shop thing, easier to turn a right-thread than
a left-thread...?
--

Jim Brokaw
OM-'s of all sorts, and no OM-oney...