[OM] ( OM ) OT restructuring, redundancy and work

Subject: [OM] ( OM ) OT restructuring, redundancy and work
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 08:50:20 +1300
Hi folk,

My heart goes out to those of you who have been laid off.

I myself didn't always follow the advice I'm about to give, but this is what I
suggest.

1) Realise that you are not to blame. You are just as good as you ever were.

2) Take a little time out (a week?) to get over the shock and re-think your
priorities if you think you should.

3) Realise that a person with recent work experience may have a big
advantage.

4) Network, network and network again with friends and workmates about job
opportunities and methods.

5) Realise you now have a new full-time job - to find new employment or a
way to gain an income.

6) Update your CV (I may be able to help here)

7) Realise your financial reserves may be needed for future events.

8) Hit the ground running in your search for a new opportunity and income.

All the best for success.  Brian