Re: [OM] OM4T and Tamron lenses - the opposite

Subject: Re: [OM] OM4T and Tamron lenses - the opposite
From: "Mickey Trageser" <vze3m2s8@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 21:28:06 -0500
Piers,
The tip should extend slightly above the surface of the lens mount. Each
time the lens is removed, the tip extends and the camera 'knows' that the
lens is off. When a lens is then attached, the tip is depressed and the
camera 'knows' that a lens has been attached. I believe this is important so
the camera camera can calculate proper exposure based on the position of the
set aperture of the lens. I should think that if this switch is not
functioning properly, meter readings and auto exposures will be incorrect.
An adjustment to the mechanism is needed, but I can't give you direction.
Perhaps John or Clint will chime in here.

Mickey