RE: [OM] Camera Insurance? Pictures of your camera?

Subject: RE: [OM] Camera Insurance? Pictures of your camera?
From: "James N. McBride" <jnmcbr@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 11:28:00 -0700
My equipment inventory is listed in a database with purchase dates, sources,
serial numbers, and value recorded, along with other data. The gear I carry
outside the house is insured under my home owner's policy with a special
rider that insures this gear against all perils for a fixed value. It costs
me several hundred dollars a year but gives me some peace of mind. The fixed
value needs to be reviewed and, perhaps, adjusted every year. I don't know
what is available where you reside but there are usually people glad to sell
insurance (price is usually the issue). Bill Barber has offered sage advice
regarding camera insurance before and I'd bet he could assist you.  /jim