Re: [OM] Re: Catching a thief

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Catching a thief
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 20:30:50 -0400

> >From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> >
> >> Every entrance to our house -- front, back and garage doors -- has
> >> a small sign: a skull and crossbones and the words "There's
> > > nothing in here worth dying for."
> >
> >A similar sign shows a handgun grasped in a hand, the muzzle pointing in
> >your face, and reads "We don't dial 911".
>
> Unless you're always home, it seems to me that such signs are merely
advertisements to thieves that here is a place where one can steal a gun.

> Any thief who knows what they're doing will know when your house is empty.

Personally, I wouldn't put either sign on my house, but then I don't really
think I need to where I live, at least not yet. As for my son, he lives in a
rougher part of town. I don't think he even has a water pistol, as far as I
know. I think even one of those might have to be registered here in Canada
now. And any thief who invades when he's not home would kill themselves
laughing at the mess and clutter, if they could get through it. Anything
they stole would save him carrying it down the 3 flights to the curb. (OM
content - with maybe the exception of the OMPC he has of mine)
Wayne