Re: [OM] Galen Rowell and the moon

Subject: Re: [OM] Galen Rowell and the moon
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 21:24:14 -0800
Lovely picture, George

I'm sure Galen R. claimed that he did no 'tricks' to his images.
It really is so hard to tell much from such small, downsampled and compressed images.

Moose

George M. Anderson wrote:

Here's one of mine with the 300/4.5 Zuiko + 1.4.  Your pot shot hit the
bulls eye I'd say.

http://www.whitneygallery.com/html/moon_court.html

George

Doesn't look like a photograph to me at all. Looks like elements of photos
are here, but the 'sky' color has no gradation, which I'm accustomed to
seeing in any sky, from dawn to dusk. The 'water' looks unnatural in the
view that includes a pure black sillohuette. I think the question of focal
length is moot on this one... Just what is the focal length of photoshop?
;-)

I'm sure our astrophotographers could tell us what focal length
would render
the moon to film in that proportion to a full frame. I'll take a pot shot
and say 400.