[OM] That evil, evil place or eBug does the round again

Subject: [OM] That evil, evil place or eBug does the round again
From: VS <VS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 11:25:41 +1100
I tried to stay away. I tried to save money, really I did. I don't even
think of getting a larger lightbox and a set of Schneider lupes any
more. Gone are the plans to buy new speakers (VAF's DC-7/6/2 5-set) this
month ... or next.

And all that because my 50mm 1.8 got a bit of oil on blades (only
visible after the blades retreat back in the body of the lens, not when
you stop down the lens). I searched high and low for a nice beater 50
1.4 with a serial >1m, preferably >1.1m. No luck, no nice price on that
elusive "oh, but everyone has at least one" lens. Seems like they're
rarer than those extremely rare collectors' items 200/f4. :->

But now I have it, got a Mint- (if it's to believe the seller) with
serial # >1.1m for $86. Average, methinks.

And now I got the eBug all over again. I need to get another 50/1.4 for
my better half, then I need a longer tele than just 200mm (for all those
nice shots of cockatoo's feeding in my back yard), ...

Last time I had the eFever, I bought an OM4-Ti when I started out
looking for an OM2-SP for she that now wants a good slide projector. Who
knows what I may end up getting if I don't watch it this time.

I just had to share this with people that know what I'm going
through. Thank you. :-)

Saso