Re: Subject: Re: [OM] advice needed: SPOT meter reading differs from AUT

Subject: Re: Subject: Re: [OM] advice needed: SPOT meter reading differs from AUTO ongray > card??
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 23:29:48 -0800
Vignetting is a darkening of the corners.  Since the spot meter is directly
in the middle of the frame, vignetting can not possibly be the reason for
the meter's inaccuracy.

To answer your question, no, you don't have to compensate.  You have to find
another way to take a meter reading.  The factory itself says the spot meter
is "unreliable".

_snip

Lama

I had not heard or read this before on the list and I have been around for a while. I have not noticed it in my experience and I use the spot function quite a lot. I have not tested for it though. Where or when has Olympus made such a statement? Not in the manual which explains clearly how the angle(not on the focus screen) changes when changing lenses.

I don't understand stand why the spot would be unreliable and center weighted would be OK since CW also uses the spot portion of the sensor.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California