Re: [OM] PC Sync

Subject: Re: [OM] PC Sync
From: "Roger D. Key" <rdk@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 11:27:02 +0100
If you have an OM-1n, the hot shoe contact is always set to 'X' (normal for
electronic flash). If using the pc connector, the 'FP' setting is used for
FP (Focal Plane) flashbulbs, which have an extended flash burn time for
focalplane shutters. I do not suppose that you, like 99.9990f us, will
ever need the FP setting. Just make sure that you do not set it by
mistake....

Roger Key

Albert wrote:

I want to buy a flash, I saw a Sunpack one, that sits on the shoe, but
actually is connected via the PC cable for sync..  I have an Om1n.

What exactly does the "X" mean on the pc sync?  What about the other
setting?  When do I use what?

Thanks.
Albert