[OM] Re: Catching a thief

Subject: [OM] Re: Catching a thief
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 16:35:05 -0800
While it might feel good to fantasize doing all sorts of nasty things to the
thief, it isn't great karma.

Better to be proactive in recovery. Assuming you have some photos and serial
numbers, make a flyer with pictures, descriptions, serial numbers. Take it
around to pawn shops, etc.

It's important for your mental health to feel like you're doing something,
rather than just wallowing in victimhood.

We went through a similar experience last summer, and through being proactive,
managed to recover over half the stolen merchandise. The police said they never
would have caught the perp if it hadn't been for our actions. It was especially
satisfying to read a statement to the judge at his sentencing!

Full story here: <http://www.bytesmiths.com/Newsletter/n0208.html#SA>
--
: Jan Steinman -- nature Transography(TM): <http://www.Bytesmiths.com>
: Buy My Step Van! <http://www.Bytesmiths.com/van>