[OM] Re: Siren Song--Which will it be

Subject: [OM] Re: Siren Song--Which will it be
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 17:05:21 -0800
>From: "Walt Wayman" <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxx>
>
>I would be absolutely astounded if ANY Zuiko would cover 6x9,
>either at infinity or one inch.

I can think of three candidates: the two shift lenses, and the 16/3.5
full-frame fisheye, which would, of course, become a "real" fisheye with a
~50mm image circle within the 6cm x 9cm frame.

>Even if one would, I'd wager the
>performance at the edges and corners would be more than dismal.

The shifts and fisheye would be as good over 6x9 as they are on 35mm.

But I'm just arguing with "ANY." I agree that MOST Zuikos are probably
unsuitable. Those designed to work on a bellows would probably be the best
candidates, especially the 80 and 135.

--
: Jan Steinman -- nature Transography(TM): <http://www.Bytesmiths.com>
: Buy My Step Van! <http://www.Bytesmiths.com/van>