Re: [OM] exposure/lighting question

Subject: Re: [OM] exposure/lighting question
From: Michael Kopp <mkopp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 23:15:58 +1300
At 3:12 -0500 21/1/03, Magdalena Cano Plewinska wrote:

>On Tue, 21 Jan 2003 09:06:43 +1300, Michael Kopp <mkopp@xxxxxxxxxx>
>wrote:
>
>>You want cross lighting to accentuate the skin texture and folds.
>
>That seems to be a theme here.

Olympus shooters are all very perspicacious ...

>> it doesn't matter what kind of light it is [...] not diffused daylight
>>or room fluorescent, >though).
>
>Poo. Fluorescent is the most easily available.

More ideas coming, soon ...

[]

>>Some experimentation with all of the above will get you closer to your ideal.
>
>Thanks. I don't know how practical this will be in clinic, as I really
>don't have a lot of time to take pictures of the patients - I'm
>supposed to be examining them. In the ICU, it's probably totally out
>of the question. But it does give me some ideas to play with, and for
>those few really strange patients, I can take the time to be more
>elaborate.

More ideas coming ... shortly.

>>Hope this helps,
>
>Definitely.
>>
>>Former medical photographer
>
>Ooooh! A good source! :)  So what made you quit/change?

It was in the U.S. Army, during the Vietnam war era, at a big Stateside
Army rehabilitation hospital, and I got tired of body parts, fascinated
though I was with anatomy and surgery. At least one PM per week for a year
begins to get ... on your nerves, especially the bone saws ...

More ideas coming ... very soon now ... as soon as I think of something.

Cheers,

Michael

--
Cheers from Godzone,