re: [OM] Epson EPX785- Win98- Photoshop5

Subject: re: [OM] Epson EPX785- Win98- Photoshop5
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 09:45:10 -0800
> "Epson EPX785- Win98- Photoshop5": How I moved out of the incompatibility
> nightmare and into the digital darkroom in a mere 3 hours of research.
> ***********
> I wrote this for Windows 98 users who have made their first dark and muddy
> prints from a new inkjet printer and want to get a first start in finding
> out why.....

Thanks for the detailed directions. This is just what I need. My prints
turn out much more washed out than the monitor image no matter what
tweeking I have done. Right now I use my eye to judge how much too dark
to set the image on screen before printing. I'll give this a try.

In going over your directions step #2 there is one thing that is
different in my system. I use an old copy of PhotoShop 6 and there is no
<Profile Setup> under the <File> dropdown. Anyone using PS6 know where
to look for this?

thanks,
mike