[OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #3831

Subject: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #3831
From: Mark_Jennings@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 08:55:43 -0500
Not only have I used flashbulbs, I have used them underwater.  Years ago on
a trip to Cayman Brac, I borrowed a camera in a housing before I left.  The
flash arm had a big reflector on it and a socket for flash bulbs.  I went
to the local camera store here with the dusty backroom and asked if they
had any bulbs to fit it, and they sold me several dozen.  Underwater I
carried them around in a small mesh bag tied to my weight belt and replaced
them after every shot.  They worked fine.  Never had a misfire that I can
remember.  It was an odd looking set-up but it worked fine.  I needed to
wash off the ones I didn't use after every dive so they wouldn't corrode.

Mark Jennings