[OM] Night Photography, Flash photography

Subject: [OM] Night Photography, Flash photography
From: Albert <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 23:12:52 +0800
OK, from my personal pictures, I've got the whole "sight seeing, touring, daytime photo" thing down pretty good. I'm starting to get a hang of portraits also.

Two things that I seriously suck at, flash photography (anything dealing with a flash) and night photography.. Let's start with flash photography; why does mine have usually a large white blob, and that's about it? Also, I'm not sure how to use a flash. Mine currently is at home in America, and so I'm going to buy another one, is it all about the guide numbers? If I tilt the flash upwards, do I still obey the little chart, or what?? Confused...

I'll open up the floor to any and all advice you all can give me..

Albert