[OM] My, but aren't we all old...

Subject: [OM] My, but aren't we all old...
From: "Bill Pearce" <bspearce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 09:33:32 -0600
"Yeah, but they weren't the same as using a strobe, were they?"

No, they wern't. I remember my reaction to the first strobe I used, a
Honeywell/Heiland. I thought, wow! no burned fingers, no carrying a
pocketful of bulbs, no more lick bottom/don't lick bottom quandry, this is
the greatest advance in photography since film! Then I realized how many
strobes it takes to get the light output of one bulb.

When I worked for the airplane factory, we found a box of the bulbs with the
household base stored, that wern't sold with the flash that took them. Since
there was no other use for them, we discovered the practical joke
possibilities.

Bill Pearce