[OM] Oh happy day

Subject: [OM] Oh happy day
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 07:17:05 -0800 (PST)
A couple of nights ago while filing a bunch of negs I came
across two rolls that had been misplaced about two years ago.  I
had looked and looked for these stinkin rolls and couldn't find
them.

Why were they so important?  There are two valuable frames on
one and three on the other.  Money shots.  I needed to make up
some new prints for resale and couldn't find them for anything.
Of course, they were exactly where I thought they were, it's
just that they always evaded my search and seizure.

I've never printed these on my new enlarger, so I'm looking
forward to redoing them on it.  In fact, there are a couple
other frames that desparately needed a diffusion head--maybe I
can turn them into money frames too.  I have hundreds of frames
that have never been printed yet because I don't have a clue
what to do with them.  Years from now I may figure them out and
they'll become classics...

On a side note, I've mentioned my extreme pain in dealing with
T400CN in the darkroom.  It is one very tough film to print.
Well, that is improving somewhat.  I now print T400CN using
split-filter contrast control and also I discovered that my
voltage stabilizer was shot, which altered the enlarger bulb's
color just enough to make shooting through the mask nearly
impossible.  My exposure times were hovering around 1 1/2
minutes.  Amazing what a slight voltage change can
do--especially with a colored film base.  Turned the enlarger
into a safelight.  I still despise working with it.  Grainless
film, wide exposure latitude, but gut-wrenching to work with.
Give me a nice, bright and contrasty negative anyday.

OM content:  All were shot with the OM kit.