Re: [OM] Re: E10 anyone (not OT, this is an Olympus list!)

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: E10 anyone (not OT, this is an Olympus list!)
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 09:25:23 +0800
Jan Steinman wrote:

> Unless you've very careful, I also wouldn't bother with microdrives. They are
> prone to shock and vibration damage. I've heard some horror stories. And they
> double the average current drain, halving the average battery life.

Don't know where you get this data, the battery consumption for the
whole camera is expected to reduced by around 20 0f microdrive were
used. The power consumption of 348MB MD is 200mA at 3.3V and 1G MD is
180mA at 3.3V. I have a 348MB MD for one and half year and it is the
only media I use on my E-10, no problem yet. Ok, I have never drop my
E-10 or the MD.

C.H.Ling