Re: [OM] how come?

Subject: Re: [OM] how come?
From: "Jeff Keller" <jeffreyrkeller@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 08:58:56 -0800
Probably not. As a buyer having something shipped from a foreign country
you would probably want to be able to get hold of someone if there is a
problem.

On at least one occasion a seller went on vacation before shipping the
merchandise I had paid for. I was able to track down his phone number
and address through the internet white pages. Definitely reduces the
anxiety.

Of the approximately five bad deals I've had buying through yaBe, one
was to a seller with a PO box in LA. Two were pawn shops who pretended
they didn't know better. In each case I lost shipping costs and in the
LA case he also deducted his yaBe fees from the refund.

The lens that I returned to the LA seller was sold to another list
member. Although the lens was described as perfect and had both (if I
remember correctly) scratches and haze, the list member left positive
feedback for the seller. He paid substantially less for the lens perhaps
because I had posted feedback before that auction ended. The other list
member agreed the lens was NOT as described but he felt was worth the
price he paid.

-jeff

snip snip