Re: [OM] Re: Pan-X as positive slide film

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Pan-X as positive slide film
From: Michael Kopp <mkopp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 09:27:55 +1300
At 12:01 -0500 25/1/03, Andrew Gullen wrote:

>There is a kit for TMAX-100 that might work for Pan X with experimentation.
>See
>   http://www.kodak.com/cgi-bin/webCatalog.pl?category=Photochemicals
>The kit is 7th from the bottom.
>
>Andrew
>
>> Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 18:31:29 EST
>> From: AnBeyer@xxxxxxx
>>
>> Hello everyone-According to the Compact Photo Lab Index, Pan X should be
>>used
>> at ASA 80 daylight, 64 tungsten for positive slides. It was then supposed to
>> be processed  with the Kodak Direct Positive Film Developing Outfit. Does
>> anyone have the chemistry formulations? I don't think this kit is available
>> any longer.

Ummm, do you guys who are still talking about Pan-X (presumably you mean
Panatomic-X) know something I don't know? Like Kodak didn't really stop
making Pan-X, and it really is hidden somewhere in their catalogues, and
stores like B&H Photo stock it in quantity just for guys who want to make
B&W slides ...

Or is there a huge stash of it hidden in meat lockers all over the world,
frozen and disguised as lamb chops, and sold on the black market at
inflated prices ...

Or do you all have private supplies crowding out the ice-cream in your
wives' domestic freezers.

Enquiring minds want to know ...

--
Cheers from Godzone,