[OM] Unspoken Things Digital

Subject: [OM] Unspoken Things Digital
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2003 17:03:53 -0800
Besides the size and weight of pro level digital cameras which no one makes a big deal of(In Reichmann's set up for his tests it was hard to tell which black lump on the tripod was the 6x7 and which was the digital camera.), no one seems to mention shielding from the elements which seems essential for a pro who is going to be getting his pictures no matter the weather, heat, cold or humidity. I know it was a big deal with Olympus and the OM3/4 series. Sometimes when I think one might be a good deal for a travel camera which would avoid the hazards of taking film through security, but then I wonder whether it go caput in the tropics or bad weather.