[OM] re: [ OT]: need advice on soldering

Subject: [OM] re: [ OT]: need advice on soldering
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2003 21:21:56 -0500
Greg said:
I'm trying to resolder a corroded battery contact on a Konica C35 that was given to me, and can't get the solder to stick to the battery contact.
I also have a Konica C35 that someone gave me with the same problem. The wire from battery to meter was so corroded that there was practically no copper left. I guess it must be common. I replaced the wire but couldn't get the solder to stick to the battery contact either. John H. tried to help and offered some advice on technique but it didn't help (me at least). I was totally frustrated and finally gave up. I concluded I needed a spot welder.

Chuck Norcutt
Woburn, Massachusetts, USA