[OM] Why OM3/T?

Subject: [OM] Why OM3/T?
From: "Richard F. Man" <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 02:23:16 -0800
As far as I know, these are advantages that an OM-3/T has over OM-4/T:
- all mechanical shutter. No battery, no problem. Then again, a spare pair of battery takes up zero space... - 3T can have the shutter in any speed under 1/60 under auto mode. Thus allowing fill flash control. Then again, a modern Metz flash does some of that too.
- No need for that spot memory button :-)
- Collector's Value

The CONS are
- no auto-exposure
- no self-timer

AFAIK, the shutter loudness and the mirror vibration issue, is exactly the same as the 4/T.

Did I forget anything? If so, then really, it's that Collectors' Value thing that makes a used 3 sells for about $600-$1000 whereas a used 4 sells for about $250-$500, and a used 3T for $900-$1600 and a used 4T for $400-$650.