RE: [OM] Leica threat

Subject: RE: [OM] Leica threat
From: "Jon Mitchell" <jon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 17:53:44 -0000
George,

Susan, aka "DaEyeGuy", has been on this list for some time now.  Others will
be able to tell you exactly how long, but it must be a year or more ?

In all the posts I can remember Susan making to the list, she has always
been polite.  I believe the point she was trying to make about the
discussion, though apparently not very effectively, was that it is (or
should I say has) descended into a slanging match and as such should be left
well alone.

And Susan has made many useful and helpful contributions to many ON-Topic
discussions around here .....

Let's not let this descend any further guys, please.  If you don't want to
take up Susan's offer of her Leica's then just don't.  Leave it to each
individual on here to make up their own minds.  If anyone wants info on
whether Susan is reliable, I'm sure they'll ask on the list if anyone has
had any experience of dealings with her (personally I haven't).  And, fwiw,
her mail regarding the Liecas was clearly labelled in the subject line, and
included an OT for extra measure.

Although this is an Olympus list, many of us here also have interests in
other photography related discussions, including other systems.  This list
has the most friendly, community-based kind of an attitude, generally.
Barring the few minor spats this is by far the most friendly list I have
ever been a part of.  Given this, and the number of successful deals that go
on between list-members here, if I was in the market for a Leica I would
rather purchase from someone on here than from a stranger on Ebay.

Nuff said !

Jon

PS:  Get a pet cat, not a pet rock.  Cat's are far more fun, and possibly
cuter ?  Then again a rock won't bring dead birds in as a present for you
... !