Re: [OM] Leica threat

Subject: Re: [OM] Leica threat
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 12:43:43 -0800
George -- Susan has been on this list far longer than I, and generally
doesn't post too much, nor specifically too much off topic... My read of her
post is that she has books on the subject of Leica's which she is planning
to sell... I didn't see -anything- in her post about Leica cameras or
equipment. I don't have any problem with her posting about having Leica
books for sale in a low-key way.

She is correct that several of us here including at least myself and Skip
Williams collect and use Leica's. Its probable that among a few hundred
listers worldwide there would be a few with some interest, and a single post
announcing an intent to sell some books on them, coupled with an anticpated
post describing the titles, is *not* going to bother me too much. If it did,
I'd use my delete key without comment, as I occasionally do already.

Further, if you intend to set yourself up as a commentor or monitor for OT
posts, you will find a very busy path ahead of yourself. This list gets
excessively OT at times, but seems to self-correct pretty well for the most
part without too much intervention... like a fire without much fuel, OT
posts tend to fade out unless someone pours gasoline-like comments on the
flames. Leave it rest and see how much more comes of it... that might be
good advice for many OT threads.
--

Jim Brokaw
OM-'s of all sorts, and no OM-oney...