Re: [OM] London Gathering !

Subject: Re: [OM] London Gathering !
From: Roger Wesson <roger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 23:00:58 +0000
Well, folks, you've heard various reports of what went on last Sunday when the London OM folks met up for some photography, and now you can see some photographs! I've just finished scanning and retouching some of my efforts from the day, and the results can be found at

http://www.worldtraveller.f9.co.uk/photo/london

I'm not much of a people photographer, but Sam, Chris, Jon and Christine do appear in a few of the pictures.

Kit-wise, I used my OM-1n for all pics, with lenses including Zuikos 21/3.5 (borrowed from Chris, and I didn't really want to give it back!), 50/1.8 and 135/3.5, Vivitar 400/5.6 and a Sunagor fisheye adaptor. The black and whites were on Ilford HP5, and the colour on Fuji Sensia 100.

The two rolls of film I shot that day form a large proportion of the photos I've taken of London since I moved here six years ago - it's good to have finally got out and done some photography of this city, which really is more photogenic than I tend to give it credit for.

Other photos I've taken recently on a couple of weekends away may be of interest:

http://www.worldtraveller.f9.co.uk/travel/ireland
http://www.worldtraveller.f9.co.uk/travel/sweden

Comments, critique, suggestions etc on any photos most welcome.

Now, I'm looking forward to seeing everyone else's photos from the OM gathering - it'll be interesting to see our differing styles on the same subjects.

Roger

PS about this Beatles thing - John and Paul were both geniuses (genii?), but even the greatest people make mistakes, and Paul must surely even now wake with a start in the night, wondering what madness ever caused him to write 'The Frog Chorus'. John's mistakes were never so extreme!