RE: [OM] Vinyl Recordings (was Beatles)

Subject: RE: [OM] Vinyl Recordings (was Beatles)
From: "Jon Mitchell" <jon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 15:56:34 -0000
Perfectly put Walt, although I don't yet own a digital camera.

And this does not necessarily make you an old fart.  I'm still just on the
"young" side of 30 !!  I would be the first to admit, however, that I am set
in my ways ... !

<snip>

I've had a CD player since about 1983, or whenever they first
appeared, and we've got, at last count, over 1400 CDs.  I've also
got a digital camera, a little Olympus 2000-Z.  But I can't get
away from vinyl or my OMs.  Both my eyes and ears are analogue,
and whether it's my imagination or not, I contend I can see and
hear a real difference.

Besides, I actually enjoy the extra fiddling and fussing that
makes either playing a record or taking a photograph without using
an automatic-everything wonderbrick a participatory experience,
not just some mindless button-pushing exercise.  It could be that
I'm an analogue control freak stuck in a digitally convenient,
instant gratification world.  (Or maybe just an old fart set in
his ways.)

Walt