Re: [OM] Camedia 5050

Subject: Re: [OM] Camedia 5050
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 16:39:20 -0400

> On Monday, January 27, 2003, at 11:08  AM, Walt Wayman wrote:
>
> > If, just suppose if, a person were to be inclined to get a digital
> > camera a little better than an Olympus 2000Z --  just supposing,
> > now -- to use while waiting on something better to come along,
> > which would be the better deal for about the same number of dead
> > presidents' pictures: a new 5050, or a LNIB E-10 from KEH?
> >
> > Just a hypothetical question, strictly out of curiosity.
> >
> > Walt
> >

> Tough one. As nice as the features of an SLR might be though I think
> these things are electronic products and in a rapidly changing
> environment newer is better. In this case, 1 million more pixels and
> more ability to handle memory options. On the other hand the 5050 has
> the same lens that the 2020 had and it might be nicer to have the more
> upscale lens in the E10. It might even be more recently designed.
>

> Winsor Crosby
> Long Beach, California, USA

I'm considering the same question, but think I have decided on the C5050.
I've been reading the several reviews that are on the web right now, and I
think I would prefer it over the E-10 even if both were new.
Here's a reviewer who has both the E20 and 5050, interesting comments.
http://www.wrotniak.net/photo/c5050/c5050-rev.html
Here's another good review, with links to more reviews.
http://www.molon.de/5050.html
I'm just waiting 2 or 3 months until spring, hoping the weather and the
price moderates a little.
Wayne