[OM] Re: Keeping "unused" lens

Subject: [OM] Re: Keeping "unused" lens
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 13:36:22 -0800
>From: "George M. Anderson" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
>Lenses I doubt I'll ever sell...
>350/2.8  (BUT - Here's a month's living expenses!)

SOLD! I'll give you a month's worth of MY living expenses for your 350/2.8! (Or
were you talking about YOUR living expenses? :-)

>Lenses I thought I'd never sell until recently:
>80, 90 or 135 macro (how can I justify keeping all of these? Can anyone HELP
>ME?)

They are very different. The 90 is general purpose. The 80 copies slides. the
135 focuses to infinity on a bellows. How could you possibly give one of them
up? :-)

>Others I have a hard time justifying keeping all of due to overlap:

Yawn. Come at us with something interesting, George!

>Lenses I'd like to buy even now:
>18/3.5 OR 21/3.5 MC

I sold my 21/3.5 and got a 21/2, which is now one of my favorites. Besides
nearly two stops more light, it focuses closer, and has better corner lighting.
(The 21/3.5 -- at least the one I had -- is noticeably darker in the corners,
even without a filter. But it is a lot smaller and lighter.)

>Any help out there?

Like I said, a month of MY living expenses for the 350/2.8? My house and
vehicles are paid for, I don't commute, the IRS owes ME money, and I'm a
vegetarian. So that 350/2.8 should cost me less than I paid for my used
600/6.5. (I'll volunteer to pay for shipping and insurance. :-)

Ah, the joys of being self-unemployed...

--
: Jan Steinman -- nature Transography(TM): <http://www.Bytesmiths.com>
: Buy My Step Van! <http://www.Bytesmiths.com/van>