RE: [OM] Keeping "unused" lens

Subject: RE: [OM] Keeping "unused" lens
From: "George M. Anderson" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 14:45:40 -0800
Ken (smooth talkin) Schnozz says:

> George (scorched earth) Anderson wrote:
> >Can anyone HELP ME?
>
> George, I'm not sure there is help for you.

Like to shoot the duck, don't ya? :>)

> First thing you
> must do to make amends to the list is to donate that 350.2.8 to
> a trustworthy person.  Of course, I'm referring to me.

Silver-tongued yes. Trustworthy? I dunno ... Aren't you a (gulp) salesman?
:>)

> Now onto the remaining parts of your question:  Dump the
> wide-angle zoom, 24/2.8 and the 135/2.8.  I'd also consider
> riffing the 80mm.  Otherwise, the kit looks pretty good.

Of these 4, I think you're right about all but the 80/4.  It's just too
good. Of course. so's the 90/2.  The 80 stays on my bellows, the 90 in the
bag.  There - 2 distinct uses! Found my reason to keep those 2 :>)

> I may be bugging you for help with acquiring a 4x5. Square
> inches are calling...  See next post...

Glad to help.  Decide on field vs studio.  Both is tough. Don't forget
you'll need lensboards and, duh, lenses.  Film holders, changing bag,
focussing cloth, ... oh, never mind.  BTW, I have a 4x5 I'd sell ... or
would I? it's different enuf from the other one ... :>)

George