RE: [OM] Keeping "unused" lens

Subject: RE: [OM] Keeping "unused" lens
From: "George M. Anderson" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 15:03:06 -0800

> Reservations? Now that was a very usefull piece of information. Would
> that be with the "natl. park and forrest service", or what is the
> name such that I can search for a phonenumber for making
> reservations? I would definitely like to head that way (with a
> trekker and a sturdy tripod), and would hate to be stopped by not
> having gotten paperwork taken care of.
>
> Thanks for bringing that to my attention, I was unaware of that.

Now to be clear, I meant reservations to spend the night.  You can still
drive in (for $20.00) almost anytime you want.  It's really too far from
Berkeley for a day trip, specially in winter's short daylight.

If you want to try to get a reservation, go here:

http://www.yosemitepark.com/html/accommodation.html

Curry Village is the most affordable.  See if they have tent cabins. They
might open a few in March.  I dunno.  For anything with heat, it's possible
you're a year too late to reserve, but you might be lucky, or I might be
wrong!

> Euros, actually. France is in the euro zone. IIRC, the exchange rate
> with the USD is roughly 1:1 or so.

Oh yeah, forgot about that.

> Hehe...well, I have the 24/2 and the 24/2.8 both. I do not have
> anything wider than 24mm, though, so I am going to stick with both.
> Those 21/2 are so darn expensive....

Wanna buy a beater - cheap?

> > Hmmm...heads it's the 50, tails it's the 180 ...
> >

> Maybe we should make this an "imagine you could keep only TWO lenses
> and it had to be PRIMES...." thing :) It is hard to pick just one
> favourite.
>
> --thomas
>
> > george

Yeah, no way I could keep just one.