Re: [OM] The darkroom OM-4

Subject: Re: [OM] The darkroom OM-4
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 17:05:52 -0700
At 02:51 PM 1/27/2003 -0800, AG Schnozz wrote:
Wow!  Again, I say wow!

I came across an enlarger timer by RH Designs that is just too
cool.  I want one BAAAAAAAD!

Can you imagine an enlarger timer that is an equivelent to the
OM-4's multi-spot metering with "analogue scale"?  Way out
there!  Spot high, spot low, adjust contrast grade to achieve
the desired range and print. Time is set automatically.  Forget
number of seconds.  This thing works in stops.  Duh!

Saturday night, I spent hours and dozens of test prints to print
ONE picture.  I could have saved much of that time with this
timer.  It's one of those "get's you in the neighborhood" tools.
 Even the CDFO sees the value in this thing.  :)

Unfortunately, it could seriously delay the purchase of a new MF
Wonderblock.  It ain't cheep.  Maybe there is some old 4x5
equipment in my future???  Think maybe I could hold off on the
645 just long enough to jump to digital for all color work?

Well, the most expensive of their enlarger timers (approx. 225 Pounds Sterling) works out to about $369.00 U.S. If you're truly spending that much time printing a single photo, I'd say it's a no-brainer, if only to maintain domestic tranquillity.

BTW, prices I'm quoting I got off of RH Designs' website: http://www.rhdesigns.co.uk

Garth