Re: [OM] Zuikoholic

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuikoholic
From: "tOM Trottier" <Tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 07:35:33 -0500
Dear Richard,

I think that's what he's worried about...

tOM

On Tuesday, January 28, 2003 at 7:20
Richard  Hawkins <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Bob,
>
> Relax, your in a group here that thinks your perfectly normal ;-)
>
> Rich

around $150.00 dollars for a repair. With diapers,
>   food, shelter and sundry other responsibilities, I bit the bullet and set
> the camera aside in the closet. But through diligent perusing of the local
> want adds I found a Gossen
>   Luna-Pro light meter. It was not really within my budget, but I had to have
> it! This brought my camera out of retirement. It has since recorded many life
> changing events. My
>   sons premature birth and 4 month hospital stay was documented in
> painstaking detail. I would show his "baby" pictures at work and devastate
> all my co-workers. They found
>   the pictures heartwrenching. I found them uplifting. This was my son, and
> he was alive!
>    I used the camera to take many pictures of my children as they grew, to
> the consternation of my wife. "You always bring out that damn camera" was a
> refrain I bore with
>   sodden abandon. After that divorce, I listened with disdain to her praise
> of all the pictures I had taken, which were now in her possession. I had yet
> again managed to retain the camera, however.
>    Unfortunately, I had let the camera again fall into disuse. An occasional
> outing would have me take it out for photo ops. I bought a Sony Mavica FD83
> digital camera three
>   years ago. I've enjoyed the instant gratification of the medium. I bought a
> CRISS battery modifier. It also rekindled the lurking feeling that I was
> missing the image quality and permanence afforded by the 35mm. Soon
> thereafter, I succumbed to the dreaded Ebay money eater. The lenses I had
merely dreamed about were almost affordable. I went
>   on a spending spree. My offspring's college funds be damned!
>    In rapid succession, another OM-1 body, an OM-F with an autofocus 35-70mm,
> an OM-G with a 75-150mm, a lens package with a Tamron 90mm Macro with a 50mm
> 1.8 and Samyang 80-200mm, The buyer also threw in another OM-1 body which
> surprised me on its arrival! Next a Tamron 60-300mm, a Tokina
500mm mirror, A trip to a local
>   camera store snagged me a Winder 1 for too much money! I then found a Grip
> 1 with a partially functioning 310 Flash (test button does not work). I
> couldn't pass up the Manfrotto tripod and monopod on Evil Bay! A 28mm 2.8, a
> well used OM-4T, a Wein 500B flash Meter, a 2-383/2-285 , Wein 1000
meter package with 2/283 2/285 Vivitar
>   flashes! A Winder 2! I've bought and bought and I can't stop! If only I
> could take some pictures. But Zuikoholicism has me in its evil grip! I'm
> afraid to use all my spoils. What if I have no "eye"! I can't take the
> fabulous pictures I've seen displayed! I've bared my soul. Thank you for
listening. I just needed to get it out. My name is Bob and I have a problem...

---- Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur ----
   ,__@ tOM Trottier +1 613 860-6633 fax:231-6115
 _-\_<, 758 Albert St.,Ottawa ON Canada K1R 7V8
(*)/'(*)                ICQ:57647974 N45.412 W75.714
safety." -- Benjamin Franklin