[OM] OM adapter mounts

Subject: [OM] OM adapter mounts
From: Robert T McFetridge <rmcfet@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 10:24:31 -0500
I have been looking at different adapter mounts for my OM system so that I can use a more varied number of lenses. One type of adapter I have not been able to find is one to connect old Pentax (M42) lenses to the OM. The M42 thread on the Pentax/Prektica lenses is also used on many others such as early Mamiyas, Konicas ( as I recall) a variety of Eastern European lenses and a few others. The problem is that of a mount. The M42 is only slightly different from the T mount system in that it is a 42mm by 1mm thread whereas the T mount is 42mm by .75mm. The difference is just enough to jam things up or strip threads. Has anyone experience playing in this area. Many of the SMC Takumar lenses would be great additions as their optics are superb; and then there are Zeiss Jena lenses as well.
Robert