Re: [OM] Time to introduce myself (and a question about a Silvernose)

Subject: Re: [OM] Time to introduce myself (and a question about a Silvernose)
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 14:35:12 -0800
Welcome to the list, Mattias.

It sounds like you are off to a blazing start. I have an OM1 that I bought used and the meter ceased to function. Turned out it was a bad previous service or repair in which wires were stuffed back into the body improperly. If the outside of the camera was so dirty you may, when you have a few extra SEK, want to have it cleaned, lubricated and adjusted by a professional who is familiar with the camera. You may get your meter back in the process. The battery power supply can also be modified so that a silver 357 battery can be used instead of the mercury one.

The silver nosed lenses are fine lenses, just not the very latest thing. Of course nothing OM is the very latest thing these days, but we love them. Enjoy it.