Re: [OM] FL-40 flash, FL-BK01 flash bracket, and C-5050

Subject: Re: [OM] FL-40 flash, FL-BK01 flash bracket, and C-5050
From: "mike m." <mnmitch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 17:52:30 -0600
Wayne,

Here's what I did to use the FL-40 off camera with my E-20.

First you will need the Olympus FL-CB05 TTL Cable to connect the flash to the camera. I already had a Stroboframe Quick Flip flash bracket so I just used this setup versus buying the Olympus flash bracket. I tie wrapped the cable to the flash bracket and leave it like that in my camera case. Works great and with the Stroboframe bracket the flash can be orientated correctly over the camera when shooting vertical or horizontal.

I had a problem with the flash shoe end of the cable getting loose and wobbling around with the flash attached. I removed four small screws on the bottom side of the flash shoe, removed the bottom of the flash shoe and tightened the screw holding the flash shoe assembly. Added some simi-permanent LocTite in the process. Haven't had a problem since. If you get the cable you might consider this mod on the front end.

HTH

later,
mike m.