Re: [OM] Time to introduce myself (and a question about a Silvernose)

Subject: Re: [OM] Time to introduce myself (and a question about a Silvernose)
From: Roger Wesson <roger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 00:02:19 +0000
Hej! Welcome to the list Mattias. Now there will be plenty of people here who would have you believe that not only should you get the 135/2.8 but also the 90/2, 180/2 and 75-150 just to really make sure you've got medium telephoto lengths covered. But personally I find my 135/3.5 an extremely useful lens - nice and sharp and a great focal length. That price looks very good and it will be excellent value for money.

As far as 28mm lenses go, I own a Tokina 28/2.8 which is my most used lens, and was pretty cheap - certainly cheaper than the Zuiko 28/2.8. As far as I am concerned it does the job more than adequately.

Hope that helps,
Roger

By the way, the link in your signature doesn't work for me - comes up with a page not found error.

Mattias Tidlund wrote:

So here I am with two bodies and one Zuiko. On the top of my wish list is a 135 and a 28. Today I found a very nice and clean 135/3.5 Silvernose. The price was 350 SEK ($40). Is this a good deal? I suppose the 135/3.5 Silvernose aren't multi coated, or am I wrong? Maybe it is just stupid stinginess buying a 135/3.5 instead of 135/2.8?

// Mattias

Mattias Tidlund
mtd98005@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://rundfunk.ath.cx/photos/