[OM] Lens Prices [Was: Time to Introduce Myself]

Subject: [OM] Lens Prices [Was: Time to Introduce Myself]
From: chris@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 17:24:36 -0700
To anyone who cares...  :-)

> As far as 28mm lenses go, I own a Tokina 28/2.8 which is my most used
> lens, and was pretty cheap - certainly cheaper than the Zuiko 28/2.8.
> As far as I am concerned it does the job more than adequately.

Recently sold a Tokina EL 28/2.8 for US$40 and considered myself
lucky to get that.  Just sold the Zuiko 28/2.8 for US$100 and
considered that "about right."

Whether the Zuiko is "worth" the extra price is a matter of personal
opinion.  Personally, I thought the Zuiko was much "sharper" but
that's just MHO.  The Tokina worked just fine, it just wasn't as
"sharp."

Just so you have some comparison figures.

Regards,

Chris