Re: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #3848

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #3848
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 09:28:25 +0800
Modern SLR AF don't use IR, it is CCD TTL phase detection. Need
available light or assistant beam to work not IR. The old one detect
vertical lines and later one with sensors for horizontal lines too. It
is called passive focus and IR (active focus) is used on compact AF
cameras. I don't know the very detail about phase detection but it is
something like split image finder theory.

C.H.Ling